This family needs your donations, reach, and heart to help. With rising medical bills, and Blake's losing the ability to work, they are struggling. We know everyone has trials and when we think of our own trials we can always say there is someone out there who has it worse. THIS IS THAT FAMILY. One dollar, two dollars, ten or twenty. From the smallest to the largest it will all help.

DISCLOSURE: a minimal PayPal transaction fee will occur with your donation. 30 cents per transaction plus 3% of the total amount

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sharing some bad news...

As many of you will know, we came to England to spend the holidays with Alison's family. Shortly after Blake arrived, he became unwell and presented himself to the ER with shortness of breath and some other symptoms. After spending an entire day and a half in the ER and 2 CT scans later, we were told the terrible news that Blake had a large fist sized mass in his chest behind his heart that was quite likely to be a lymphoma. He had a biopsy on Christmas Eve of the mass and straight after Christmas we were given the diagnosis of non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

He is currently in Bournemouth hospital which is near Alison's parents in Dorset and start chemotherapy next week. We are still unsure of many things, i.e. how long we are likely to be here, but we do know that he is likely to need chemo for the next 6 months. We have been told that whilst very serious, this type of cancer can respond very well to treatment.

Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts.

With much love
Blake and Ali

3 comments:

  1. Dear Alison,

    I am so sorry!! I just can't believe it. My heart breaks for all of you. You guys are definitely in our prayers. What can we do to help? I heard he isn't coming home anytime soon ~ does that mean you will be in England for awhile?? Is there anything we can do with your house? Will he start chemo and radiation in England or come home first?? Do you guys know what stage he is in? Is the prognosis good?? OMG. I am so sorry. We love you guys and will do anything you need!! Don't hesitate to ask for any assistance in whatever capacity!! Please keep us posted.

    Sending much love and prayers your way
    Kim
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweetie, my heart hurts for all of you right now during this difficult time. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. It sounds like he is in a great hospital and is well taken care of with wonderful providers, and during a time like this that is the best thing you can ask for.

    It seems like it is always times like this that everyone wants to share their personal stories to help instill hope and inspiration, and I am sure you will hear many that will help to give you both hope and peace during the weeks to come. I won't share all the details now, but if you decide you want to talk more about it we are happy to share our journey with Greg's mom who has now been living with non Hodgkins lymphoma for over 1o years and after the initial treatment after diagnosis almost all of those years she has been in remission.

    We love you both so much and are here to support you every step of the way. During this time where you are still unsure of how long you will be in England, is there anything we can do here to help in Utah with the house or anything else. PLEASE do not hesitate to ask - we want to help!!

    Lots of love,big hugs to all of you - God bless and lots of prayers coming your way!

    Natalie and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake and Alison

    12/29/12 I don't know what to say, this news is so upsetting! I can't send enough thoughts or blessings your way. I will keep you in my prayers everyday and hope that your family can find comfort during this time. Please, if there is any assistance I can be to you here in the States with checking on the house or anything let me know, I am happy to help. God bless you Blake! You are a strong willed man and I know will give this lymphoma Hell! Please keep us updated periodically!

    Much love, Holly and Josh

    ReplyDelete